Hi. I’m Victoria. Welcome. Many of my posts are related to religion and the brain’s role in religious experiences. I left Christianity in 2000, and deconverted from the belief in the supernatural and god in 2005. Because I had been quite devout for much of my life, deconversion was a painstaking and heart-wrenching process.
I’ve met many bloggers who have inspired me with their authenticity and courage; as well as their ideas, knowledge, and talents. I have found a fantastic community here on WordPress — and I’ve met some life-long friends.
A few things about me:
- I have a great interest in behavioral neuroscience. The more knowledge we gain about the brain and the impact that environment has on it, the better our chances of surviving and thriving (peacefully) as citizens of this planet. We have the resources, tools and knowledge to make that a reality. I am encouraged.
- Reading vast amounts of scientifically-based research challenged my indoctrinated assumptions about ‘human nature’, and positively changed my outlook on life.
- The impact that geomagnetic activity, space weather, and infrasound appears to have on humans has also captured my attention. The numerous studies are fascinating and serve to explain a lot of the so called supernatural phenomena.
- Reading is my favorite pastime. I prefer non-fiction. Autumn is my favorite season. I suppose the main reason is because I’ve lived in warmer, humid climates for the better part of life, and the crisp, cool air is a welcomed relief.
- I have one child who is now a young, independent woman. We have a close relationship and a special friendship. I can’t imagine my life without her.
- Being creative energizes me and when I’m in that state of flow, losing awareness of time is not uncommon.
- I have an eye for design and can make any space, inside or out, feel and look like a peaceful resort.
- I live in the U.S. on the Gulf Coast and love being in and around water. The first time I went scuba diving, I wept in awe. Mountains can do that to me, too. Lol
- I enjoy sightseeing, debate, conversations with substance and spending time with close friends. But, there’s no place like home — which is to say — I’m a homebody.
Thanks for dropping by. Please don’t hesitate to leave comments. I’m interested in your thoughts/feedback and enjoy discourse — the best part of blogging.